WHAT DOES COASTEERING NORTH DEVON INVOLVE?
Experience the outdoors by becoming a part of it! This exhilarating activity will take you on an adventure like no other. You will leap from rocks, swim through gullies, explore Croyde caves and traverse across Ilfracombe cliff bases whilst enjoying the breathtaking views that North Devon has to offer.
All the equipment you need (quality safety tested)
3 hour 5 star rated Coasteering North Devon experience
Thoughtful extras - Gloves to protect your hands if requested prior to session
We recommend you bring old trainers or similar footwear
Don't forget some swim wear for under your wetsuit and a towel for after!
Frequently asked questions
- What happens if the weather is too bad for my tour? We will liaise with you to rearrange your session date or location. In the unlikely event that conditions become too bad to run on the day of session a full refund will be issued. We will let you know if the session is cancelled as far in advance as possible.
- Where should I park and how much is it? We will meet you in the car park in your chosen session location. The address is provided in the confirmation email upon booking with a link to google maps. Bring some spare change for the car parks - they range from £2 to £8.
- Will there be photos of my tour? We pride ourselves in the fact that we have a photographer taking professional photographs on a waterproof DSLR camera throughout your tour. We will then send a preview of the photos to you after the session with the option to purchase if you wish. We offer package deals or options of up to 5 photos for an affordable price.
- Is there toilets/changing facilities? As we meet you at the session location we do not provide changing facilities or toilets but we can promise that within walking distance of all our meeting points there are public toilets and some even provide beach showers. We recommend you bring towels and some warm clothes/waterproofs to wear if it is a cold/rainy day.
- Is there eating and drinking facilities nearby? All of our meeting points are in stunning North Devon beauty spots and have a good choice of food and drink options within walking distance although we do recommend you bring water and snacks for before/after your session.
- Is Coasteering and Stand Up Paddleboarding safe? Yes, all the activities we run are safe for adults and children. We are licensed to run activities by the HSE under the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority and are fully insured with the Activities Industries Mutual. Our guides are very experienced and fully qualified to deliver all the experiences we offer.
- Do I have to go with my kids? No, we do not require that you accompany under 18's on our activities but you must be able to sign a participation form on their behalf prior to the session. We do suggest you accompany under 14 year olds for the sake of their enjoyment.
COASTEERING ADVENTURES NORTH DEVON
Locations and Routes
All routes are condition dependent. We will contact you in the unlikely event of a change of location.
- Here at Coastal Adventures we put safety first every time. We are
Fully AALA licensed and Insured
SLSGB Beach Lifeguard qualified
Trained in location specific coasteering techniques
Experienced, professional, encouraging and supportive
National Coasteering Charter members
"I cannot recommend coastal adventures enough. They took a group of us for my sons 12th birthday and they were so fun and professional and engaged completely with all of the kids. The photos and video they produced are of the highest quality and such wonderful momentous occasion." Reviewed by Mary Oakes April 2021
We specialise in private and bespoke sessions to suit you. Are you feeling a little nervous and need an extra hand along the way? The Coasteering Croyde Fisherman's Steps route is tailored for you! Or are you looking for an adrenaline packed plunge off the biggest jumps we have to offer? Coasteering in Croyde's Coastal Cave's is your Adventure! Have you been before and would like to experience the washing machine instead of the caves? Jump in and Join us at Coasteering Hele Bay for an adrenaline packed time, this is only a 15 minute drive from Woolacombe. Whatever you want, Coastal Adventures have got you covered!
A word on timings...